Thursday, February 4, 2010

A VALENTINE PROJECT...AND AN UPDATE ON MY L.O.V.E....

A little update..and some Valentine love...

Up at 3 am...to arrive in Grand Rapids by 6am.
The port was fitted into Daves left collar bone area of his chest.
The surgery went without a hitch , all in all about a 3-4 hr. process.
Dave is comfortable and resting well this afternoon with NO complaint of pain whatsoever at the port site. There are a few stitches that will disolve on their own and showering can resume tomorrow.
Again...we were amazed at the throughly compassionate individuals that crossed our path today. We continue to feel we are in the best hands and that the Lord is forging the path for us...One day at a time.
We plan on a low-key weekend and look forward to Monday ...Dave's first round of Chemo.
I will sit next to my love while he recieves the chemo....mentally slaying every cancer cell..
Be afraid nasty cells...BE VERY AFRAID!...

Found a little time the other day to play in my craft room... Have been aching to finish this paper mache heart I picked up at Michaels a while back.
Glued this pretty rose fabric to the heart and just pinked the edges...Whoa! that was hard!
A little embellishing and voila!
Sometimes the simplist things turn out the best....a fun little Valentine project.

Layered some flower petals and a pretty pink rose....ribbon




Now how easy was that!...


Hope your finding time for some Valentines projects...L.O.V.E. Kathy.



19 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm glad to hear that Dave had no problems with his port. I will be thinking about you and sending prayers your way on Monday as he begins chemo.

    Your heart project came out beautifully! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Beautiful Valentine. One day at a time! xxoooo Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart you made is so sweet! Love it. I will be thinking of you Monday and sending prayers for Dave's first round of Chemo. Cancer cells be VERY AFRAID! God's Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathy, Here is hoping those cancer cells are quivering, and will let go like magic!
    Your heart is very pretty, and a very simple project at that.
    Stay strong! & Take Care!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so lovely:) I hope you two have a beautiful weekend..You made that little heart beat kathy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,

    I want you to know that I am praying against that cancer in Dave. I am glad the port surgery went well today and pray that the first chemo will go well for him, too. Many hugs to you both.

    Kathy Bruins, Grace Community Church

    p.s. love the Valentine craft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will all be sitting next to you.........I have never had to deal with this awful journey and my heart breaks for you.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty! It doesn't look simple to me! Have a blessed week, and relaxing weekend. Prayers are being raised for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy,
    What a beautiful heart, I just love it!!
    So soft and pretty!
    So happy to hear things went so well with Dave today. God is so good isn't he! and he is sure
    looking out for you guys. Isn't it so wonderful to know the Lord and have Him to depend upon.
    You are so cute about going with Dave for his chemo on Monday, good for you sweetie, you pray your heart out! You are right, those cancer cells should be totally afraid with all those that are praying for him.
    You know, I can never forget you and Dave's names because the couple who stood up for us when we were married was Kathy (my step sister)
    and her husband then (David). I realized that
    when I was thinking and praying for you guys the other nite.
    You rest easy and have a wonderful weekend with your hubby and family.
    Blessings hon,
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy~~~~

    You are one tough lady. Courageous and strong and Dave is lucky to have you by his side. I will be praying for him on Monday (and always).

    Your heart is SO sweet. I love the pretty pastel colors and the sweet flower. Beautiful! :-)

    Take care of yourself, sweetie.

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kathy and Dave,
    Godspeed on this journey, and it will be over before ya know it.
    I think your heart is beautiful, oh, and the one you made was,too.
    glenda@SerendipityCottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy....I am so glad everything went well! I will be thinking about you both on Monday. Your Valentine Heart is so sweet!~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still praying for your sweet hubby, my dear friend. (HUGS)
    Sandra

    P.S. The heart is so pretty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear all went as planned today and smooth sailing with the port. I like your crafty heart. So pretty. Now go out and enjoy the weekend with your best guy:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy prayers coming your way my friend...Good luck with the chemo..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prayers will continue to be offered for both you and your beloved!

    Much love,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I pray every cancer cell dries up and goes back to the pits of hell where it belongs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kathy, I love your little heart. I hope all went well on Monday. Dave is so lucky to have a wonderful women like you. Sounds like your pretty lucky to!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me...I am always encouraged by your kind expressions and thoughtful comments....Know that you are loved....xoxo Kathy.