Monday, April 26, 2010

FREE SHABBY ROSE TUTORIAL...for my Peeps!!!

After numerous requests for a "HOW TO" on these little Shabby Roses...I thought,

Why not do a "TUTORIAL"...

So here goes...

Start with choosing the Fabric ...Muslin, lace and ribbon works well too.

I chose this because I like the flecks of color that it gives the Rose... Cut a 2" by 3-4 ft.strip...

If you don't have fabric long enough , just sew strips together....the Shabbier the better I say!
Cutting WIDER strips will make a bigger rose...visa versa...


Once you've started the strip with your scissors...RIP the strip ...both sides.

Pull the loose threads away from the strip...both sides.

The more you pull away the shabbier the rose...

Just kind of experiment with this...to your liking.





Fold your strips lengthwise...right sides up , and press the edge with your thumb lightly ...

just to give you a nice fold.

You can use an iron...I prefer my thumb...gives a softer edge.

Your preference...





This whole process should not take more then 15 minutes from beginning to end...

So have fun with this....

Start by making a KNOT at one end of your strip
Sorry ...I for got this photo...


Please save your comments til the end....Thanks!

No comments: