Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Mirror, mirror on the wall,,,I'll give you a mantel, acorns and all...

We have some interesting ceiling heights...and little nooks for interest. Our builder was a great guy for detail... Morning sunlight comes softly into this room... Having taught Basket Weaving years back... I have a few special ones I've saved around the house... This one I "Shabbied" up a bit...
My pastel wall colors are the result of a room I once saw in a magazine...Everywall was a different pastel color....I fell in love with it. Purple is the only color I omitted...Some colors we just need to grow into I guess. In another 5 years it may be my favorite!...


The crisp white trim pulls everything together...There's a thin strip of oak around all the trim and doors throughout ...Sort of our builders signature...


Rope lighting is tucked on the ledge behind the oak trim all the way around the room, beautuful in the evening...



This mirror was actually attached to a dresser that was damaged...fortunately I was in the right spot at the right time and salvaged it for a great deal...The arched top compliments all the arched doors and windows in the house...Felt it was a natural there...