Saturday, July 18, 2009

THE TOUCH, THE FEEL OF TEXTURES, THE FABRIC OF OUR LIVES...

Our lives are made up of such a variety of textures...Natural and synthetic. Touching and experiencing the effects of a world offering so many sensations to our senses can be sheer bliss... Line dryed cotton sheets against the skin after a hectic day...bliss. Holding a glass of Ice Tea to your cheek when the heat is in the three digits...relief. Opening the freezer door and putting MY face in during a hot flash.... Oh, sorry...a little more then you needed to hear...Ha. The coolness of metal....

To the various levels of SOFT in fabric...

Have you ever noticed how no two quilts ever feel the same...The thread count and tightness of weave to the amount of quilting all are factors. Quilting by hand and by Machine have different feels. Old loved and used quilts verses New showpiece ones...totally different to the touch. Try it sometime....Close your eyes and just feel....Such intertainment we have been gifted with right at the tips of our fingers...


Often times we feel something just by looking at it. Seeing an overstuffed chair in a magazine with sheers billowing in a doorwall leading down a sand drenched path to the ocean...You felt that didn't you? ...


Architecture...A plethora of mind boggeling textures... Take a look today...what textures make up your immediate world?....xoxo~ My friends...



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post, Kathy! I needed to sit and just enjoy the beauty of your words and pictures today...

    Thanks for sharing.

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. What a lovely post. I think quilts are such a beautiful work of art. I've never made a quilt but I sure do enjoy looking at them. :) Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy

    Thanks for your visit and sweet comment. I'm so glad you stopped by. I've sure enjoyed my visit here to your absolutely gorgeous blog!! BTW...I'm following you now. I look forward to getting to know you.

    Hugs!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm. You've given me something to think about. Your pictures are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a "tactile" message. I love (and can almost feel) your discriptive words. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope one day you meet Fifi..you are so much a like and share so much of the same decorating flair~ Your photos are so feminine too..

    All the grandchildren are just so beautiful:)

    And I would love to make your ottoman cover:) I have the ottoman..

    I wonder ..was it very difficult? Did you make it? I mean IF I eventually get the white couches:)(I am thinkink Ikea, washing machine and bleach of course)..;)

    So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,

    What a lovely post, love that you appreciate the details, so often they get overlooked. Your photos are gorgeous. Thanks for the tip on the freezer, those darn hot flashes are no fun! I call them a power surge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy,

    Truly a thought provoking post and so beautifully written.

    There is nothing quite like the feeling of having your hand held by someone dear and near to you.

    Happy Sunday!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely, thought-provoking post! And the photos are great too! Textures: I love the texture of my plant outside called lamb's ears. My quilts, yes, love to run my fingers over the stitching I so diligently stitched there. I love the feel of fresh sheets. Oh, and rose petals, so soft.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love your blog!! Very soothing to the eyes!! Had a great visit. Stop by when you can. Connie

    thecottagelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me...I am always encouraged by your kind expressions and thoughtful comments....Know that you are loved....xoxo Kathy.