Friday, July 10, 2009

Your going to PAINT BRASS ????????

A hugh find today while at an Estate sale with Mr. Wonderful....Actually there were quite a few but this is as far as I've gotten in the sharing dept....I started painting and then remembered to shoot it for the "Before" photos....

When I mentioned I would be painting it ...You could hear her suck in air and hesitate a moment before she said "Really?" Ha! Ha!

Beautiful detail...



I just finished two coats, ( by hand) No spray paint on this one., and need to do one more. There is a rod that can be added for a Shade or You can use it the way I'm going to with 4 white low wattage bulbs for a soft evening light. Hopefully I can share tomorrow evening when I return from a Day with the Grands...HAPPY SATURDAY!!! my friends....Hope you experience a great summer day...sigh....xoxo~Kathy~

10 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous lamp. I love the beautiful detail on it. Just gorgeous. I can't wait to see it finished. Just lovely. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy-this piece is absolutely gorgeous. What kind of paint do you use?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. It will be just as beautiful painted white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, what a knockout lamp! It is going to be fabulous when you are done! I am looking foward to the after photos!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy,

    You seem to always find the potential in everything. I really admire that! And the way you are painting all the gorgeous detail looks fantastic!

    I can't wait to see the finished piece of art!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! I'm glad you've got more nerve with paint than I do. I need to get some spunk in the paint department.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,

    You have such an eye for what things can be! Love the lamp such beautiful style and detail.
    Can't wait to see the finished project!

    Have a lovely weekend!!
    Karyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it will look much better !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!

    I'd have snapped this charming Lamp up in a heartbeat, too! Maybe we would have been wrestling on the ground for it! LOL

    I love your sweet blog...

    Wonderful...

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done a lovely job with it. I'd have passed it by ... good eye! TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me...I am always encouraged by your kind expressions and thoughtful comments....Know that you are loved....xoxo Kathy.